307 Fourth Avenue
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Restrooms Available: No
Boston architects Frank Alden and Alfred Harlow designing the 16-story Bank Tower, one of Pittsburgh’s first skyscrapers. It opened in 1902 as the People’s Savings Bank and is studded with monumental figured carved by John Massey Rhind, sculptor of the Carnegie, Bach and Shakespeare statues that adorn Carnegie Music Hall in Oakland.
See significant features of the building, including a white marble lobby and barrel-vaulted entrance vestibule. A spiral staircase reaches from the lobby to the 16th floor. (Be sure to visit MCF Architects and Planners on Floor 2).
Now known as The Bank Tower, the building was built in 1902 as the Peoples Savings Bank.
Designed by he renowned firm of Alden and Harlow, it is constructed with a steel frame covered with granite and brick.
The building now houses a variety of commercial office tenants.