625 Liberty Avenue
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Restrooms Available: No
EQT Plaza was designed by the New York firm of Kohn Pedersen Fox, one of the largest architecture firms in the world, and completed 1987. The plaza was trimmed in the classical style with two kinds of dark polished granite.
Lobby marble architecture and design. Newly remodeled security desk area and turnstiles access. Morton's restaurant.
EQT Plaza is a 32 story, 616,000 square foot postmodern building. It was designed by the New York architectural firm of Kohn Pedersen Fox and was opened for occupancy in 1987. The exterior façade of the building is clad in Dakota Mahogany and Texas Rose granite. The thematic use of squares, rectangles and circles on the exterior is replicated throughout the interior space and is especially noteworthy in the spectacular use of granite and marble in the central Lobby.
Pittsburgh artist Ray Kaskey created the statue Finlandia located in the central Lobby near the escalator. Next to the Finlandia sculpture is a plaque commemorating the signing of the Pittsburgh Agreement in 1918. That agreement acted as a catalyst for the formation of the modern country of Czechoslovakia.
On the Plaza there are three life-size bronze statues titled Pittsburgh People. The artist, Penelope Jencks of Boston, Massachusetts, sculpted the grouping to represent the connection between business and art.
EQT Plaza is one of the keystones of the nationally recognized 12-block Pittsburgh Cultural District which provides performing arts and other amenities to the City. The Convention Center, hotels, eating establishments, major department stores and performance art sites are all within easy walking distance of the building.