DOORS OPEN Pittsburgh thanks the buildings, our volunteers and our guests for participating at the 2020 annual event. This year is unlike any other in so many ways. Your support is so appreciated – 10/4/2020
COVID-19 has certainly put the kibosh on life as we all know it. But that’s no reason we can’t all come together – while social distancing – to celebrate our architecture, heritage and see some really cool stuff during the 5th Annual Doors Open Pittsburgh event!
The event naturally lends itself to COVID-19 safety guidelines.
- You will be outside, walking from one building to another in the order you choose. This will limit your exposure to a big crowd.
- Once you are are inside of a building, a maximum person capacity will be managed to ensure the opportunity for social distancing.
Also, facial coverings will be required to enter a building.
Most people spend 10-15 minutes inside any building.
Here’s you can participate in Doors Open Pittsburgh 2020:
Step 1: Preview the Building List to see what buildings you want to explore – there is no limit!
- Check this website regularly for updated information. Building List is subject to change.
Step 2: Make a list of buildings you want to visit, and be sure to share with friends/family.
- Maps are available in the 2020 Event Guide. Download the 2020 Event Guide.
Step 3: Buy your General Event ticket.
Step 4: Present your General Event ticket at each building you choose to visit.
- You can visit the buildings you want, in the order that you want.
- Advanced reservations are not required to enter any participating building.
Step 5 Once inside, you will have behind-the-scenes access, some unique experience, or just the opportunity to explore.
- You will the opportunity to self-explore in most buildings.
- In a handful of buildings, you will be offered a guided tour.
COVID-19 Safety Measures: Facial coverings are required for entry into the participating buildings.
Social distancing will be managed inside each building. Any elevator used will have capacity limits.
Please bring your curiosity and your patience!