Return to List

Byham Theater

101 6th Street

Oct 1: NA

Oct 2: 9 A.M. - 4 P.M.

Originally built in 1903 as the Gayety Theater, The Pittsburgh Cultural Trust purchased this 1,300-seat venue, then called the Fulton Theater, in 1988. The trust renovated and reopened the Fulton Theater in 1991. The theater was renamed the Byham Theater in 1995, in recognition of a gift from William C. and Carolyn M. Byham. Today, the Byham Theater is home to a wide variety of performing arts, including dance, music, theater, film, and family-friendly events throughout the year.

Visitors will be able to enjoy the theater’s historic restoration including the original “Gayety” floor mosaic and clear lamps in the vestibule, faux marble finishes in the main lobby and placards depicting the City’s rich theater history lining the ramp lobby walls. Access on to the stage or backstage areas will not be permitted.

PLEASE NOTE: Bags larger than 16 x 16 x18 will NOT be permitted in the theater; for additional security information please refer to https://www.trustarts.org/pct_home/visit/safety-security/

Special Services: Disabled Access, Public Restroom